Tuesday, July 15, 2008

What a Big Surprise!


My husband told me last month to mark my calendar on the 11th of July. When asked why, he just replied it’s a surprise. I was so excited about the whole thing but then he told me I might not like it, haha! Time came and we have to leave early because of the traffic jam. He told me we’re going to San Diego and when he put on his formal kind of attire, I was so surprised even more. He’s the casual type of guy. I never even found any tuxedo in the closet. I only see him wear formal clothes on conventions.

While we were on our way, I was so confused because we drove through the Santa Ana freeway, grrrrr! Oh okay, we’re not going to San Diego, sorry. He had printed the Mapquest but never let me read the directions, hmmmm… Finally, he gave up coz he can’t find the way to the Walt Disney Concert Hall, lol! Then, I guessed it’s Lea Salonga’s concert. Yes, I’m right! I was so happy! It’s my first time to watch a play (sorta) concert and I always dreamed of watching Lea on stage. It was such a memorable date!
Shawie

7 Grateful Heart's Words:

Anonymous said...

Hah! Nice surprise. I've never heard of her, but I can imagine that it was a great experience.. if not for the music for seeing your husband in formal attire :-P

SHIELA said...

Ka chada pod mu surpise sa imo bana. I'm happy for you girl :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, that must have been a great date. Haven't seen Lea in concert but friends who have keep raving about her.

BTW, I've accepted your ex-link offer and linked you up. More power!

Shawie said...

thanks for dropping by, guys! yap, it was really great:)

Anonymous said...

ka inggit naman... i always wanted to watch lea perform...

Cindy said...

I'm not at all familiar with Lea but I do think that was a wonderful and thoughtful thing for your husband to do. It sounds like you had a great time.

Shawie said...

Thanks for dropping by, Cindy:) Lea is a Filipina who had played Kim in Miss Saigon in London when she's only 18 and pursued her career in New York in broadway. I just loved all her music and she sings like Cinderella (as what my husband said, lol)...
yeah, the thoughtfulness of him was sooo melting:)