Friday, July 18, 2008

For the Love of Books

I remembered I can spend the whole day in a bookstore when I was in Taiwan (it’s not the same as National Bookstore-Philippines where you’re not allowed to read that long, lol!) I even remembered taking the trip to Taipei alone for the first time, just to visit Barnes and Nobles. I always felt welcomed every time I go in. Oh, I love the smell of the coffee and books!

Well, I have read some very interesting books and have followed a few favorite authors. For me, they are considered the modern prophets. You may not like some or all of it; yet, I just thought of sharing some of my all-time favorites.
***
***
To be honest, reading all of these books was a little bit difficult but it’s really worth it! They provide answers to all the questions I’ve been looking and struggling for. It inspires me to look within myself and in the peaceful silence of contemplation; I have found and sang my own song.

Finally, here’s one of my favorite line from Choosing to Love the World:
“Wherever man and society exist; where there are hopes, ideals, aspirations for a better future; where there is love- and where there is mingled pain and happiness- there the contemplative life has a place”.
Shawie

2 Grateful Heart's Words:

Jemi said...

wow, you sure are a reader ! i envy you because this year, i have not even read one book aside from kids books that i read to my kiddos. i actually have the book " The Road Less Traveled", but haven't had the time to read it. i should get back to reading big people books :) .

Shawie said...

thanks for dropping by, girl! sure you had a handful in there, hehehe...