Friday, May 30, 2008
Thursday, May 29, 2008
(poor piggie, he doesn't know he's gonna be eaten tonight_:(
The word “fiesta” comes from the Spanish word. It is passed on by the Spaniards during their 330 years colonial rule in the Philippines. Presently, fiestas continue to be a heart of Filipino culture. It was initially observed to honor a saint or to commemorate a religious event. Processions, church services, competitions, parades, dancing and drinking are all essential parts of every festival, carried out with greatest enjoyment. Although the fiesta has become more secularized and now celebrates the founding of a specific "barrio" or town, the annual harvest of the main local agricultural crop, some historical or mythological event, or a combination; still it remains a picture of fun-filled activities.
Fiesta for me, is a celebration of “Thanksgiving” and “Reunion”. After a whole year of blessed health and good harvest; it’s time for the villagers to give back. It’s more of feeding people with the fruits of your harvest. When I came back home, the tradition had remained the same despite the crisis. Maybe they just don’t want the tradition to disappear. Oh, I noticed there are people that come out from their tribes-we call them "mountain people". You can see them grabbing a lot of food, put it in their plates, put it inside their plastic bags and will go back for more foods. It’s annoying sometimes because of course; they don’t know what table manners are. Oh well, I believe that’s what FIESTAS are all about, right? To feed the hungry- not to impress your rich friends with what you got.
Monday, May 26, 2008
Here it is:
Okay, here's my result: INFJ
Meaning, I am:
-moderately expressed introvert
-moderately expressed intuitive personality
-moderately expressed feeling personality
-moderately expressed judging personality. Hmmm...
Now, I'm tagging:
*********** Happy Memorial Day, everyone!
Friday, May 23, 2008
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
In the night of death, hope sees a star;
And listening love can hear the rustle of the wing.
It’s very sad disasters that had struck Asia last week specifically the cyclone in Myanmar and the big earthquake in Western China. Sometimes it’s unthinkable but some things just happened. As to why and how, nobody really knows.
It was my last week of vacation in the Philippines that I was stranded in the island because of the typhoon. It wasn’t that bad but the heavy rain kind of worried me. If it could have been in California, I would be more grateful for that. You know, I can just count with my fingers on how many times we had rain in CA. It was pretty strange to me. Then, we had the wild fire. It’s really confusing how natural things work.
I remembered when I worked in Taiwan I was very scared of earthquake. It was just a normal thing to them though. Imagine- we experience earthquake at least 3 times a month. After a few months of earthquakes; sometimes it has become predictable. I noticed when it’s very warm then suddenly it will rain- then there’s gonna be an earthquake after that or the other way around. The Taiwanese doesn’t seem to care so much since they’re used to it just like we are used to the typhoon.
One time, I was shopping all alone in the mall in Hsinchu, Taiwan. It was Easter Sunday. I was inside the fitting room half naked in the ninth floor of the building trying to fit some clothes when all of a sudden there was a shaking. The ceilings were cracking and people were screaming. I hear a lot phones ringing and people were heading towards the escalators while I was stuck in the fitting room- didn’t know what to do. It was the worst earthquake I ever experienced then: magnitude 7. It lasted for a minute and when it stopped I hurriedly tried to reach for my shirt when there was an after shock that was worse and lasted for a couple of minutes. I really thought I was gonna die naked then. I even thought of my family in the Philippines as to how they’re going to trace my dead body? Some part of the ceiling had fallen down on me and all I thought was my identification card. Did I bring it with me? I just prayed for my salvation as I really thought that was my end. Finally, it stopped leaving the mall empty. When I got out of the fitting room, the sales lady was so shocked to see me. There were just a few employees left. Everybody had just gone out of the building.
How about you? What was your close call?
I had read this interesting tagging on how to increase your Technorati authority ranks. Here are the rules:
1.Copy The List Below into a blog post of yours.
2. Add Your Link To The List
3. Comment On This Post So That We Can Update The List With Your Link
4. Watch Your Authority Sky-Rocket..
*–Copy Here - Technorati Authority–*
1. Brad Blogging.com - Daily Blog Tips For The Masses
2. Daily Blogging Tips At The Daily Rambler
3. Blog Chews - Blog About Anything
4. Steve v4.6 - Big Made Small
5. GIVEAWAY CITY
6. Indo Contest.com - Find the Latest Contest Here
7. POTPOLITICS-We Smoke the Competition
8. ATA - AskTheAdmin.com
9. Dolly’s Daily Diary
10. The Tech Juice - Tech Tips And More
11. Wendy’s OBA, Blog Tips & Tricks
12. Wendy’s Reel - Fact And Fancy
13. A Grateful Heart
14. 50+Whatever..Just some Ramblings in Life
16. The Blog for DesignCreatology
17. Contest Whiz - The Blog Contest Expert
18. About Blog Contests
19. Esmeraldasblog - Como aumentar la Authority de Technorati
20. Best Widgets for free - Blog Widgets
21. New life by Pitonizza
22. Todo Seiya - Como aumentar la Authority de Technorati
23. Blog for Spanish Readers
24. The Blogger And The Blog
25. Hero Help
27. Forex Study
30. Darn Good Reviews
31. Blogger Tips - DotBlogger
32. Lilyruths This and That
33. That Blog 4 Me
34. Pinoytek - Make Money Online and SEO Blog
37. Best Of The Web
38. Swat the Fly
40. Shut Up And Eat
41. Find Torrent Blog
42. Cebu in the World
43. Web Design
44. Trestin Adventures
45. Ask Trestin
46. Trestin Autobiography
47. Trestin Ideas
48. Trestin Gallery
49. Trestin Games
50.Trestin Hall Of Fame
51. Trestin History
52. Parnell Forever
53. Trestin Political
54. Trestin Spiritual
55. Trestin Sports
56. Trestin Store - Yep, Each One Of These Are Different Blogs.
57. The Ordinary Agung
58. Il blog di Luca Marchi
59. What About Brazil?
60. Shri Radha Krishna Blog
61. Hawaiian Travel Blog
62. Hawaii Cruise Superstore
64. Over The Sky
65. Yavinator log
66. I Travel to Work do you?
67. The Home Page of Tony Smith, Writer of Comic Books, Articles & Screenplays
68. Ultimate Credit Online
69. The Rhythm of Write
70. A Hoosier Family
71. Analyzed Marketing Solutions
72. O2S Media
73. Project Swole - Fitness and Nutrition
74. Life is simple, Don’t make it complicated
75. Yet Another Blog from Marco Ciacci
76. Freebies, Making money and More
77. Babysitter On Board
79. Anything and Everything in Between
80. Designs By Vhiel
81. Can of Thoughts
82. Only in Silence
83. Everything Nice!
85. It’s a woman’s world!
86. Ramki’s Blog
87. THE MOM WITH BROWNIES
88. Picture Clusters
89. Maiylah’s Snippets
90. My Wanderings
91. Confessions of a Supermodel Wannabe
92. Tiklaton: We are the Witness!
93. Aeirin Collections
94. The Big Dog
95. O’Joy of my life…
96. Through the Rain
97. More Than A Mom
98. Say Cheese
99. The Journey
100. Photo Hook
101. Life Quest
102. Dew Drops - Making Sense… Somehow
103. The Small Business Marketing Blog
105. Konaini Blog
106. Worldly Economic Thoughts
107. Esperto Seo
108. gd labs gianfranco davide reppucci Blog
109. insidetheworld Italian Linux and Security Blog team
110. The Back Forty
112. The Barber Bunch
115. This Side of Eternity
116. Think Creative
117. Moomettesgram’s Musings
118.The Daily Dollar Report
119. The Sweet Life
120. Box 5150
121. Your Fun Family
122. No Nonsense Internet Tips
124. Pandu Cari Duit Blogging For Profit
125. Cash In Style - Making Money Online
129. Heap Up
130. Zchelle’s World
131. My Life…. My Journey!
132. God’s Creation
133. Family Health & Relationships
134. My Inner Feelings
135. PICTURE THIS !!!
137. Welcome To Our Homeschool Adventures
138. Schlossy’s Blog
139. Teasas Tips
140. Affiliate Revenue Resources
141. DouDy Sketche Watercolor Paintings
142. Pictures in Egypt
143. Painting Artworks
144. Optimizing for Search Engines
145. Creaky Easel
146. The Loquatious Artist
147. Straight from the Heart
148. Advertising for Success
149. Take It To The Limit
150. Il Migratore
153. Monkey Giggles
154. Supla Online
155. Daily Reflection
156. Techno Zone
157. Free Blogging Resources - Blogoninja
160. Runjun Blog
163. Rajiv’s Blog!
165. Benefit everyone on this list. Join Today!
*–End Copy - Get Pasting! –*
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Camiguin is the smallest province in
ARDENT HOT SPRING
Sto. Niño Cold Spring
Mount Hibok Hibok
CROSS MARKER AND SUNKEN CEMETERY
Oh, I almost forgot we still have the two other i
Wow! It's been fun, fun, fun vacation! Although most of the trip was windy, rainy and stormy still I managed to spend a lot of times with few good, old friends and family the most (specially to my niece and nephew).
I would like to thank all my friends who always visit my blog despite my out of posts. I was gonna do some draft posts but then I don't really have enough time. Now, I'm facing a lot of work to do from billing to statements, invoicing and blogging, hahaha!
This tag was given to me by Earthly Explorations .
Remove one (1) question from below and add in your personal question, make it a total of 20 questions, then tag eight (8) people in your list. List them out at the end of this post.
1. At what age do/did you wish to marry? I never even thought of that when I was a young girl.
2. Have you ever shoplifted? Yes, once when I was in college while riding a jeepney. My calculator :(
3. Where is the place that you want to go the most? Italy, yehey!
4. Which part of you that you hate the most? The few scars in my legs.
5. When you encounter a sad moment, what would you do? Just live with it, taste it, and smell it till it's gone. I never suppressed any good or bad moments. Deal with it.
6. What are you afraid to lose the most? None anymore.
7. If you win $1 million, what would you do? Give to the charity including my own family & relatives.
8. What do you loved the most last year (2007)? Our Christmas vacation and a week-road trip from our our home to Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, San Francisco & Santa Barbara.
9. List out 3 good points of the person who tagged you: Assertive, Outgoing and Optimistic.
10. How do you cope with boredom? Blogging, gardening and cooking.
11. Till now, what is the moment that you regret the most? I never have regrets, promise. All things happened for a reason, that's my stand point.
12. Which type of person do you hate the most? SELF-RIGHTEOUS!
13. What is your ambition? I believe I had achieved what I thought were my dreams! In the end, accomplishments doesn't matter at all, it's how you lived your life at the moment and how you will be remembered when you're gone that's matter the most.
14. If you had one wish, what would you wish for? For my Dad to grow and be a big man that he is!
15. How did you celebrate New Year? We had a toast at our room in the hotel in Santa Barbara while watching the New Year's countdown on CNN.
16. It is already 2008, do you have a new year's resolution? Not much at all.
17. What do you look forward to in 2008? More business in EBay and more progress on my husband's business too!
18. If your life is a song, what title best fits it? Give Thanks with A Grateful Heart
19. What is your inspiration in life? My God.
20. Where are you at this stage in your life? I'm at the point of contentment but still struggling for more to give & share which in return, has been given back to me.
I am tagging:
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
The tradition is also known as Flores de Mayo (flowers of May).
A Santacruzan is a religious-historical beauty pageant held in many cities, towns and even small villages all throughout the
The festivity commemorates the search of the Holy Cross by Queen Helena (Reyna Elena) and her son, the newly converted emperor Constantine. After the Holy Cross was found in
Nine days of prayer (a novena) in honor of the Holy Cross precedes the Flores de Mayo or Santacruzan. This festival was introduced by the Spaniards in the
Well, I remembered way back second year high school. I was the Reyna Ezperanza- my only memory of being in a pageant, hahaha! It was fun to be part of the traditional parade. I was a member of the “Hijas de Maria”- meaning “Daughters of Mary”. Our leader is an old lady who is very conservative that discouraged us to have a boyfriend at a young age. It was nice to think that kids during those times were still so innocent. My younger sister was so eager to attend the daily novena every afternoon where she wore an angel costume. I still remember how happy she was that she received a gift for perfect attendance after the end of the month. The A-V-E M-A-R-I-A is represented by eight (8) girls all wearing long white dresses with wings to make them look like angels. Each one carries a letter to complete the word "AVE MARIA."
Anyway, things are so different now. Seldom will you see young girls participate in the religious activities in our town. It’s even surprising to see these very young girls were so busy texting- you can’t have a real conversation with them. Their cell phone or mobile phone is more important to them. I don’t even understand how or where they got the load or the phone itself, knowing that their parents are not well-off. Maybe they are not that innocent anymore at the age of 13.
Saturday, May 3, 2008
I arrived Manila very late- 11PM. It's been so shocking crowded at the airport and warm. There is that familiar attitude of impatience and aggressive crowd that had annoyed me (again?). Anyway, thanks to Jason and his wife for the warm welcome. I never told my family that I'm coming home for a vacation except my brother. We arrived 12 midnite at the other airport for my domestic flight. It was funny where all you see are people sleeping on the benches- waiting for their connecting flight. I had my early connecting flight- 5AM. My brother waited for me at the local airport in CDO. It was fun to see the shocking faces of my sister and my other brothers in the apartment. I just woke them up to do the household chores because it's late, hahaha!
The next day, we travelled to the island to my parent's house. It's pretty early (4AM) that we left Cagayan de Oro just to avoid the warm weather and hussles and for us to catch the first ferry ride to the island.