Sunday, December 28, 2008

Thank You!

The boxes (Balikbayan) that I sent to the Philippines arrived a month before Christmas. It’s a little disappointing though coz some of the contents were gone. The other box had a big hole on it and the clothes for my godchildren, niece and nephew were gone (sigh).

Anyway, I’m just glad that a lot of people were happy. Most of the contents were canned goods (spam, corned beef, tuna, and meat loaf). It has become a Christmas tradition that some people from the highlands will come down to the main town and ask for used clothes, rice or money. Due to the economic crisis (well, it’s always crisis in the Philippines although it’s getting worse), some people just eat rice once a year.

I would like to thank my readers and some followers, the advertisers and my blogging friends. I have earned decent money from writing reviews. The money doesn’t go to my pocket; I saved it and buy something to send to the Philippines together with my husband’s money. Although it takes a little of my time but I love blogging. It’s definitely a great way to learn and I don’t call it work… it’s a hobby. Again, thank you for the continued support :)
Shawie

6 Grateful Heart's Words:

escape said...

your generosity surely goes a long way! for people like you, you deserve more blessings.

Anonymous said...

same with my blogging earnings, i save some to send to my family back home. right now, we are waiting for the Balikbayan box we sent last month. we are hoping it will arrive safe.

Anonymous said...

I pray God bless always your generous heart, a little help we do goes a long way.

Anonymous said...

What a noble heart you have my friend. God bless you more for it. I just don't understand why your balikbayan box should be pilfered. You must confront the forwarder and charge them for every loss you incurred in your b-box. May your tribe increase my friend. God bless you always.

Shawie said...

thanks, guys..hope you all had wonderful holidays!

ALAIN O. ANDRES said...

shawie, it's nice to know na may mga kababayan pa abroad who think of their less fortunate countrymates back home. keep up the good work! may God bless you more!