Friday, December 19, 2008

Magical Christmas

Opening gifts on Christmas is not a common Filipino tradition. I remembered crying one time in school because we did have an exchanging gifts and I received a box full of hard, cheap candies and a melted homemade cocoa, hahaha! I was really pissed because the gift was very insulting, lol! The teacher told us that it’s because every family had a budget and so we had a minimum amount of P10 worth of gift and that includes the box and the Christmas wrapper, imagine that? Well, it just makes me smile thinking how silly I was then.

I was baby sitting my younger brother and visited my cousin’s house. I saw a sock on their wall. And so I told her that Santa gave me candies last night. I hanged it near the door just so Santa can see it and when we arrived from the midnight mass, it had some candies & coins in it. I argued really hard with her that Santa is real! She was all so laughing at me and thought I was so stupid. And that it was just my Mom who put all those candies and coins. I was even more pissed because she’s not that smart. How could she be right? She can’t even read and now she’s telling me- I was wrong?! Gezzz, I thought I was so clever, LOL! I went home and told my Mom what happened and she was just laughing at me too.

Well, I’m glad I’m done with my Christmas tree and decorations inside the house. My theme for this year is gold:) It's been a blessed year for us! We decided to just put the tree in the family room as the living room is so crowded now with some furnitures.

You know, it’s been so chilly this week and oh, I missed the rain too. I can see the snowy mountains from our terrace and the snowy memories keep coming back :) Happy Holidays!



Shawie

7 Grateful Heart's Words:

SHIELA said...

kadumdum ko anang tag 10 peosos nga gift ba. kay ang akong lola naa man tindahan ako ang taga putos...hehehe, apilan pa panyo, shaampoo, sabon og uban pa.

nice decorations sha.

Debbie Petras said...

Your living room looks beautiful! Love the tree, decorations and your mantle. Thanks for sharing.

The Bumbles said...

What a sparkling tree in such a welcoming room! Makes me want to sit and relax in front of the fire with friends for the holidays. Thanks for sharing!

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

You have such a vivid recollections of your Christmas past and they evoked nostalgic memories especially when you are residing in a foreign land. But America has its own Christmas attractions and revelries too so that you can enjoy the best of both worlds. Thanks for the nostalgic post. Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year to you and your loved ones. God bless you always.

The Fitness Diva said...

Beautiful tree and nice, warm looking room.
Looks like a nice place to be! :)

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!!!

ganda ng decorations!!!! kainggit!!

escape said...

beautiful place. perfect to celebrate christmas! i too remember receiving gifts which are unexpected when i was a kid. hehehe...