Friday, December 5, 2008

Holiday Hugs and Tags


Last year- we bought a Christmas tree two weeks earlier. By Christmas day, its half-dry and almost dead, haha! That was fine though coz we had our Christmas party a day earlier since we’re going on a road trip for a 10-day vacation. It was indeed my very first fresh Christmas tree.

I got an award from Earthlingorgeous. Thank you much for this award, girl! Based on the rule, I should mention at least 5 things that I love about Christmas. There used to be a lot of things to write about but I think, it’s a little different now. There were great Filipino traditions that I have missed ever since I started working abroad like hearing Christmas carols from kids, the 4AM mass for 9 days before Christmas, the Noche Buena and the foods on the table shared by the whole family and some of the neighbors. But I guess I should start with my updated list, lol! So, here goes:
1. I love hearing the Christmas songs
2. I love putting the Christmas decorations on the Christmas tree.
3. I love shopping for Christmas gifts
4. I love getting Christmas bonus, lol!
5. I love watching all those Christmas lights around the neighborhood
6. I love giving and opening gifts, haha!
7. I love Christmas parties
8. I love Christmas vacations (we’re Dec. 24th- Jan 1st)

My list just goes on and on but one thing for sure that’s very important to me. This is the best time to evaluate all the things that I have done for the whole year, counting all the blessings and looking forward for more challenges for the coming year with a prayer that God will guide, strengthen and love me more.

I'm spreading this Christmas award to BK of "Symphony of Love". I've read a lot of things she had shared on her blog about Christmas memories and cheers:) The very first blog I've read about Christmas:)



Anyway, here’s one more award though from Liza of “Mommy’s Little Corner” and wasn’t able to post right away- so sorry, girl:( As always, I’m caught up with a lot of things to do. I have 2 other blogs of which I haven’t updated for quiet some time now. Wish I had ample of time to blog, hahaha! I just don’t want to disappear in the blogosphere and being a blogger- I had learned a lot of things. I’m a person who loves to learn and explore. Okay, there you have it- thanks Liz for this Lemonade award…

So, I’m passing this award to my blogging friends:
Atenean101
Shiela
Nortehanon

Here are the rules:
1. Put the logo on your blog.
2. Be sure to link your nominees in your post
3. Let them know that they received this award by commenting on their blogs.
4. Share the love and link to this post.

Hoping you'll have a wonderful weekend!
Shawie

6 Grateful Heart's Words:

Debbie Petras said...

Love the picture of you and your Christmas tree! You've got a wonderful list of things you enjoy about Christmas. It's good to keep Christ at the center as you do. Congratulations on your award and enjoy this season.

Jackie said...

Shawie your tree and your home both look just beautiful. They match their owner very well, both inside and out.

I hope you have a glorious trip!:-)

atenean101 said...

weee... thanks for the tag sis or should i say the award. hehe. i am touched. toinks. (may patouch touch ang nalalaman) hahaha.

escape said...

i can feel the Christmas spirit in this post. it's just less than two weeks and everyone will be celebrating Christ's birth!

enjoy the holidays!

SHIELA said...

nice big Christmas tree sha.

thanks for the award. kabantay ka? tapulan kaayo ko mo post og award ay :) pero salamat kaayo for remembering me :)

ingatz dyan sha.

Siddhartha said...

Glad to see the tree. It looks beautiful.