Monday, December 29, 2008

A Short Vacation

I was enjoying the Christmas vacation. We planned on going to Big Bear for some snowy experience but found out that we don’t have enough time left. Time flies so quickly! For a change, I enrolled myself in a gym and my goal is to have a good abs by summer. Hmmm, I will do it, lol! I think I liked going to the gym now although I was all sore from the first session with the personal trainer.

The day after Christmas, we really don’t have any choice but to zoom to the mall since Rosa was cleaning the house. I ended up spending my gift card and buying a lot of stuff from AX since they had 70% off. Wow! Well, it was a scary thing to see in the mall. It would be sad to see the mall quiet empty right after the holidays. There’s one painting shop we went into that’s closing due to the bad economy.

On the other hand, I had my first experience at the shooting range last week. Andy had bought a new gun and so we joined him together with his buddy. I never really liked the experience especially when I tried firing my husband’s heavy revolver.

It scared me to death but I think it’s worth a try. I still had a different orientation about guns. Yes, blame it to the culture.

Okay, enough of that. I was at the gym this afternoon and thought I’d visit the office. This is what I got:

A desk full of posted notes, whole lot of mails, bunch of orders in the fax, 20 or so emails to reply, voice messages on the phone and it’s the end of the month- have to do the payrolls too. Ouch, I thought I had a vacation! I just did a few, urgent orders though. It can wait, anyway. Well, I can't complain. A had been working and shipping a lot of stuff for BBB. But for now, I’ll just enjoy the rest of my vacation, lol! I had to do some preparations for the New Year’s Eve party. Ah, unending things to do :)

Shawie

0 Grateful Heart's Words: