Monday, December 1, 2008

Black Friday It Is!

Now, I sort of finally comprehend what a Black Friday mean, hahaha. I kept bugging my husband that I’ll take off by noon to the mall. Nobody in his family had ever been to Black Friday at all. It was so weird when I asked them about it; they all said the same thing- no way! My friend (who works in Macy’s) had to wake up so early because she will start as early as 4:45AM. I thought it’s something that I should be checking out, lol! So, out of curiosity (yap, that’s me); I kept bugging my husband that I’ll hop in the mall in which I did but I guess I was a little late. It’s crowded but not as busy as I thought it would be. It was around 4 in the afternoon. I could see a lot of ladies and some disgusted men, I would guess, lol! I have seen some irritated kids in the stroller crying so loud. I was hopping from one boutique to another looking for a particular dress. I have been buying dresses now perhaps I was just tired of wearing jeans. To my surprise, I didn’t see any good dresses at all. There’s one boutique that I really liked their styles but the line to the cashier is soooo long and I just thought it’s not worth it. Good thing, the mall is open till 10PM.

My husband arrived 2 hours later and was shocked I don’t have any shopping bags at all, haha! I got tired fitting and hopping and so I told him that we just go home coz I didn’t find anything special to buy. He was laughing at me and said, I was the only lady he heard that get tired of fitting and shopping around,hmmm. Well, I managed to buy nice dress, shoes and bags and ended up spending more than 500 bucks:)

We were late shoppers and I think it's better coz there's no rush at all. I think I got great deals too! I might do it next year again... the secret though is shop late:)
Shawie

6 Grateful Heart's Words:

escape said...

"He was laughing at me and said, I was the only lady he heard that get tired of fitting and shopping around,hmmm."

>>> hehehe... malamang nga.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Black Friday is just a fad that everybody else seem to embrace. It's the result of mind conditioning by vested business interest in the US. People go home with unnecessary purchases that often find their way to a closet for unused things. Better to just stay home and enjoy a good movie and bond with your loved ones. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

SHIELA said...

wow shopping...uban ko sha :)

Marites said...

hehehe! i'd probably be doing the same as you. i easily gets tired shopping and fitting clothes. i'd rather read a good book. But it's good that you've experienced Black Friday:)

""rarejonRez"" said...

we did join the madness, too and like u, we hit the mall so late. already 3pm. we got out at around 6:30 and was able to buy what we needed to get. and a couple more. :) but not as large an amount like u did spent! :D we had a great deal i believe! hehe...

Top10PinoyExpatsBlogs said...

VOTE FOR THIS SITE!

The Official website of the Top 10 Pinoy Expats/OFW Blog Awards with the current stats as of December 3 in the Voting Category can be found here http://pinoyblogawards.blogspot.com/

The list of the SPonsors, judges, and nominees are also included in the sidebar. Within this week we will post the overall criteria in each category! Goodluck!

-Kenji