Monday, December 22, 2008

Fun Christmas Party

Christmas Day in our island is the time for the kids to go to their godparents’ houses and ask for a gift. Usually, they will give cash. The more godparents you have, the more money you got. Unfortunately, I only got 3 godparents and there’s only one that lived in the island. So, every Christmas I was the only poor kid in our neighborhood, lol! My Mom will just give 5pesos coz she felt bad for me, hahaha!

Last Christmas party, I felt so bad coz I was all so clueless on what to do for the party. I remembered seeing my husband so busy preparing the table and making some salad. I just cooked the main dish which was the “Beef Stroganoff”- a recipe I’ve never heard before. This year though, I put some effort on buying things, decorating the house and trying to make it work great.

Anyway, last night the party turned out to be excellent and fun! My husband was so grateful that I did a great job and for being such a great host:) The best part though was the game. He prepared gifts for everybody which sort of test each other’s personality. I was # 4 and I got a bottle full of quarters of which nobody wants coz they were thinking it was all rocks inside. B (who is #5) stole mine and so I ended up with a big, light-weight box.

Yeeyyy, I got three, stupid-looking stuff toys but they’re caroling though, (lol) and a dollar taped on it. Okay, that’s fine.

C felt so bad coz she got a box full of rocks and pennies, haha! Lu got dimes and A got the nickels. I felt so bad for C coz she has been talking about it all year long. I think she got funny stuff last year and some nickels while M got the brick of gold. Anyway, it was all so fun especially when I opened the bottom part of the box of my stupid-looking toys and found 3 Hundred- dollar bills! Yeyyyy! I was the winner, hahaha!

So, I was not sweating on counting the coins but they did…

Merry Christmas to all of us!
Shawie

3 Grateful Heart's Words:

SHIELA said...

sha ganahan jud ko sa inyong balay. you've done well with the decoration.

tuod bahin ta sa imong pinaskuhan. LOLZ.

escape said...

"C felt so bad coz she got a box full of rocks and pennies,">>> hahaha... it sure is a special day to celebrate and be happy.

Merry Merry Christmas!

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Shawie,
Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year to you and your loved ones. Here's wishing you the very best of the holiday season. God bless you always.