Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sing Me Your Song Again, Daddy


I remembered running outside the house every time the Pepsi truck will pass by. I have to stretch my hand just for the driver to stop and I can hug my Dad. He worked as a salesman in Pepsi then. He will give us bottles of Pepsi and I'm so proud to share it with my friends, hahaha! Sometimes, he comes home very late at night and wakes us all up to eat the crabs that he just brought. We all loved that and so we have to tell our Mom to wake us up when Dad comes home. Then, he was assigned to the city; so we have to move in. He works all week- traveling to distant cities and he only comes home every weekend. I remembered waiting outside the corner of the streets every Friday nights. Those memories are pretty much vivid and will always be with me! I love you, Pa!

6 Grateful Heart's Words:

Santa editorial said...

thanks for visiting my blog. your blog is engaging also. me too remember many happy moments with my very workaholic father. my father was (died in 1971 when robbers barged in hour home) a regular automotive mechanic in bonifacio motors during the 70s and when he got home he would also tend to our own automotive shop and at times would sleep under car's hood because of tiredness. through his hardwork and perseverance, we had a very good life then. my father was a true-blue disciplinarian and i thanked him for that. one thing that i would vividly remember with my father was when he got home with pasalubong balut and penoy and would wake us up for this presents...when it was already too late in the evening and his kids were already in deep slumber, he would just keep his presents - things that would check as we woke up in the morning. i was 5 years old when he left us. i missed him. regards to you and also keep up this good blog.

Fay said...

I am pleased to announce "A Grateful Heart" has been added to Blogging Women. Thank you for doing a wonderful job with your blog. It's my pleasure to add another quality women's blog to the directory. Continued success!

Anonymous said...

Those are great memories girl! It makes me smile just by reading this. Happy Father's Day to your dad!

Shawie said...

Thanks, Jade:)

Shawie said...

To Fernando:

I really appreciate your comment, Sir. It melts my heart for a while. That was such a bitter-sweet memory and I'm sure your Dad is very proud of you!

Shawie said...

Thanks, Fay:) much appreciated:)