Thursday, October 2, 2008

On Buying and Selling

When I started selling on EBay a year ago, I was so thrilled every time I got bids on my auction coins. Jim has been collecting pennies for years now. Most of his sources are from EBay until he got a lot of it. He just doesn’t know where to put them all. He told me to sell it on EBay ad make money out of it. It was fun because I got money in a week after that. Then, we remodeled the laundry room and get rid of the old washer and dryer. Nobody in the family wanted the machines and so I put it on Craigslist and sold it for 250 bucks. Now, it seemed as though some coins are frozen on EBay. I guess, nobody would want to sell their fine coins as it would only sell cheap and it’s not worth it. Ah, economy crisis. I was doing well with my pet toys when I started a store on EBay when a customer gave me a negative feedback because he received the item after 10 days and he’s only 10 miles away. Ouch! The stupid postman routed the item to Alaska and I didn’t even track it as I thought it would arrive the next day. I never had such problem before. Well, I learned my lesson. After a month of convincing him to retract the feedback, he replied that it was silly to do such a thing and that he’s willing to withdraw it. His dog loved the toy. Then, things just complicated because EBay has changed the policy. Bummer!
Anyway, so much for the fun of selling on EBay. But before I go- here’s more fun on EBay. It made it to Yahoo's Top Stories:
"A home is seen Sept. 17, 2008, in Saginaw, Mich. With a winning bid of just $1.75, a Chicago woman has won an auction for the abandoned home in Saginaw. Joanne Smith, 30, recently was the top bidder for the home during an auction on eBay, The Saginaw News reported, in September 2008. Her bid was one of eight for the home. She must pay about $850 in back taxes and yard cleanup costs."
Shawie

1 Grateful Heart's Words:

Anonymous said...

Oh...that is great for the owner but sad for the house. It looks like a house with personality.