Sunday, August 30, 2009

Another Day in Paradise

The morning is very uplifting and the plumeria smells are so inspiring. We were enjoying our breakfast that I cooked (bacon and eggs) at the balcony and saw bunch of people having fun at the pool.
Yes, it’s pool time once again but we decided to walk at the beach to the black rock first. We had a little action with the gushing waves. Geee, I wished those waves are not that wild, lol! The neighboring island covered with cotton-candy clouds looked like Camiguin to me.

We had a great time at the pool and guess what? I joined the kids with the slide adventure, lol! It was so much fun!
We drove around town and saw the “pride and joy” of Maui, the Bunyan tree- the biggest in the world. Wow! That tree occupied the whole block! It gives a cozy shade though, very interesting!
We walked through the harbor and saw some submarine adventure signs. We bought tickets and off we went for the underwater quest for the first time. Yeah, that’s very exciting! We rode through a little ferry to where the sub is and as the tour guide counted 1 to 5… and oh, we were so ready with our camera.
The submarine getting ready to surface:D
Oh, there it is! Awesome!

We went down as far as 150 feet. It was very cool!



As we sailed back to the island, there is this familiar smell of the ocean and the sticky feeling from the salt water. Ah, the island life! I remember that (wink, wink).

We went back to the hotel, soaked in the pool. Grab some Italian dinner and shared a glass of MaiTai with the hotel's spectacular view! Yes, another day in paradise!

Shawie

17 Grateful Heart's Words:

Your Daily Cute said...

This is all so beautiful... I'm so jealous just sitting here in my living room! :)

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Yes, having a carefree stroll and swim in the world famous beach of Hawaii can indeed be likened to a day in paradise. That submarine trip looks pretty exciting. Not all people are privileged to have such experience. Thanks for the wonderful post. God bless you always.

Duni said...

What a beautiful place to have a vacation! I'm glad you're having so much fun. I wish I was there :)

""rarejonRez"" said...

Yay, that submarine thing-- how much does it cost Shawie? Let me know so i can save right now for my dream Hawaiian vacation! Heehehe... Ka-nice sa inyong bonding oi, awesome vacation indeed!

Jackie said...

Ewwwww..now i know where you have been!! Wow Shawie this looks terrific!!

I am so happy for you and your hubby. And he is a very lucky man because you are so beautiful!!

Wow beauty both inner and out like you have are truly gifts to him from God.

I know he like you counts his blessings every day!!

I have had a ton of technical problems for well over a week now. So please forgive me for not being able to drop in everyday!!

Hopefully I will be back to a normal routine soon!!

Wow....wonderful pictures...good for you guys!!
Hugs,
Jackie:-)

Warren Baldwin said...

What a mervelous place! Sounds like you are having a marvelous time.

GraySpirit said...

Ahhhh ... nice to read about Hawaii. I left that paradise two months ago and changed it for another paradise in the Philippines. I still smell the plumerias here but get most of everything else at a nice low price. Glad to see tourists spending some money in Hawaii ... lol ... the government needs more tax dollars.

Donald Swarbrick said...

AH! To have that weather in Scotland. You have both beauty and lovely weather in your country,Lucky you. LOL.

Eric : Blog De Manila : Philippine Blog said...

how i wish we have that kind of submarine services here in the Philippines.

http://www.blogdemanila.com/5th-payment-from-adgitize/

Lainy said...

Paradise indeed, Sis!

It's a sight to behold! Sure you had a blast!

Grampy said...

You amazingly captured the beauty of a magical place. Your pictures are outstanding. I was stationed in Oahu in 1967 and haven't had a chance to get back. Thank you for bringing back the memories of the Hawaiian Islands to me.

Anonymous said...

WOW!

Oscar Gecko said...

Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures.

deINDIES said...

great place for vacation

Struggling Parents said...

water looks for wonderful !!! beautiful photos...

Unlikely Oilfield Wife said...

Gorgeous photos! Just looking at pictures of the beach is relaxing, being there must be amazing :)

Jackie said...

Just popping in with a hello. I hope you are having fun unpacking and getting caught up!!

If you're like me you are exhausted and very glad to be home.

Hugs,
Jackie:-)