Monday, April 27, 2009

Weekender

I’m happy with my diet plan. I’m not starving or struggling with being hungry all the time. I wake up early in the morning to cook breakfast and lunch. It’s a good thing that my husband is sticking on his diet too. Although this time, I’m not weighing myself. I’m trying to build some muscles and so I just measure myself. It has been two weeks and the result is all the more motivating. No, I’m not talking about 10-20lbs. It’s just the stubborn 6lbs. that makes myself size 1 from size 0. I’m very stingy when it comes to shopping clothes. I just love wearing the same jeans until it’s worn out. So, I know when I need to shed off some weight coz my jeans are uncomfortable. Besides, summer is approaching. We are planning to have a vacation in Hawaii for our wedding anniversary and more bikini moments in the river or Lake Mead soon.

Anyway, we had a blast last Friday night at the bowling alley right after a hearty dinner at Blue Water Grill. As you know, anything that moves in the sea- ah, I love those, lol! I did eat more than I’m supposed to but that’s fine. And we had a wonderful time bowling. I never had a strike but had spare a lot of times. You know, I’ve never been to a bowling alley like that before. It’s a very interesting place, looked like a club where the balls and pins had those disco lights. It’s both lane and a lounge. It’s surprisingly pricey though. I can just recall those times when we go bowling in college as part of our PE. Everything is so manual from scoring to putting the pins back, haha! Gone are those era.
Last night, Lu taught me how to do the “mosaic clay”. It’s a pretty neat hobby. The hardest part is making the fimo clay soft. I’m hoping to make some frames to put in the bedroom and offices and perhaps some jewelry too. Ah, I can’t wait to get out of work and grab some more beads, clay, paint and rubber stamps at Michaels.
Shawie

2 Grateful Heart's Words:

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

It's nice to stick to your diet and indulge in your favorite recreational activities. Hope your vacation to Hawaii will push through. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

Jena Isle said...

Hi Shawie,

Nice and entertaining post. Variation in activities is a welcome respite. Cheers and happy blog hopping.