Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Torn

My husband called me this afternoon at the office, a little disappointed. His best friend invited us for a dinner. It’s their wedding anniversary. Jim insisted that maybe we can reschedule it coz Idol is on tonight.

“Dude, my day off is only Tuesdays and Wednesdays. You’ve been declining my invitations for months now because of Idol!” My husband relayed the message to me on the phone. I could hear his distress. I couldn’t help but laugh- to both of us. I was speechless too when he asked me if I want to go.

Okay, they’re very nice couple. We have been planning of inviting them for a dinner. We’ve always been invited for every party they have in their house but since I arrived here- I don’t remember inviting them over. Yes, I’m guilty of that. My husband and I are not that party people though. We neither drink nor love any of those “fine dining”. We’re pretty much casual and ordinary people. Anyway, we owe them big time now.

I have been suggesting him to get DVR for times like this. He thought it’s a waste of money. We even have HBO, TFC, etc. but never really had time to sit and watch movies except on weekends. I’m not a TV person either and so it doesn’t matter.

Okay, better get going. Still it's blazing hot today. We're still on the 90's... argghhh! I had a little sunburn yesterday from spending too much time outside. We went to get some empty balikbayan boxes from LBC with friends :)
Shawie

3 Grateful Heart's Words:

Debbie Petras said...

I understand your dilemma. I would not want to go either because of American Idol. However, I have to admit that we have DVR so we can tape the show and watch it later. But when I've done that, I end up seeing some of the blog posts about the contestants which kind of ruins it. My two favorite contestants are Danny and Adam. What about you?

Nedekcir said...

I'm not a fan of Idol, however you can send the 90's temperature my way. I will gladly take it...lol.

Secondary Roads said...

I love my DVR. I usually watch about an hour a day of TV. The DVR lets me do that on my schedule.
-- Chuck