Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Monday, October 26, 2009
1. Thou shalt not worry, for worry is the most unproductive of all human activities.
2. Thou shalt not be fearful, for most of the things we fear never come to pass.
3. Thou shalt face each problem as it comes. You can handle only one at a time.
4. Thou shalt not cross bridges before you get to them, for no one yet has succeeded in accomplishing this.
5. Thou shalt not take problems to bed with you, for they make very poor bedfellows.
6. Thou shalt not borrow other people's problems. They can take better care of them than you can.
7. Thou shalt be a good listener, for only when you listen do you hear ideas different from your own. It's very hard to learn something new when you're talking.
8. Thou shalt not try to re-live yesterday for good or ill—it is gone. Concentrate on what is happening in your life today.
9. Thou shalt not become bogged down by frustration, for 50 percent of it is rooted in self-pity and will only interfere with positive actions.
10. Thou shalt count thy blessings, never overlooking the small ones—for a lot of small blessings add up to a big one.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Monday, October 5, 2009
Thursday, October 1, 2009
The host gave us the brief history and then the Imu ceremony started.
The hula dancers had to pick one from the audience and teach them how to do the hula. Oh boy, it looked a lot easier but it was actually tough, lol!