Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Warrior


“When I become a warrior?”

“A warrior is not something you become, Dan. It is something that you either are, in this moment, or something that you are not. The Way itself creates a warrior.”

One of the joys of reading is that it provides a mirror for our own lives and our relationships. I just finished reading Dan Millman’s “The Way of the Peaceful Warrior”. I could have much appreciation of the book had I read it 10 years ago. But it was nice to look back and evaluate myself every now and then. It would be pathetic to know that I’ve been opinionated to a lot of things but myself.

One of my close friends had told me that I seemed so calm and serene despite the amount of burdens I’m facing. She couldn’t believe the things I have gone through and yet managed to laugh it all away. Having been thoroughly tested in every possible way, even when I temporarily failed, I always find myself picking up the pieces and starting all over again. I don’t believe in regrets and nothing happens by chance. I realized you’ll always be at peace with yourself as long as you know how to step back and always ready to think of new solutions without carrying the burden of the past. That’s how I maintain my balance. Over the years, I had build up a faith that is as solid as a rock that stands through life’s wind, be they calm or stormy.
Shawie

3 Grateful Heart's Words:

Secondary Roads said...

This post has deeply touched my heart today. As I meditate on these thoughts, my soul is nourished.
Thanks and God bless you.
-- Chuck

Secondary Roads said...

There is an award for you today on Secondary Roads.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

You are simply amazing. Yes, indeed you are a warrior who live by faith not by sight. With such attitude and with complete trust in God, you will not go wrong. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.