Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Finding Pearl

This is one of my favorite parable: " The Kingdom of Heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls; on finding one pearl of great value, he went and sold all that he had and bought it" (Mt. 13:45-46). It's very amazing to read parables and how Jesus speaks through idioms to awaken us to the expansive world of God's presence as unconditional love. I used to read that parable when I was a kid till in high school just as they are part of our school curriculum but never did I understand a part of it. In its truest sense, I cannot grasp the reality of what this parable is all about.
At a time in my life when I was so insecure, judgemental and so self-conscious, I came across this keen observation that humans- everywhere and whatever they do or possess wondering around what everybody else is thinking of them not knowing that everybody else is also wondering the same thing.

On my journey and my quest for answers I stumbled upon a little book of self-help. A bit of information leads to another book. It all happened so fast that I don't want to miss a thing on that roller-coaster ride. Eventually, pieces of answers surfaced but still puzzling. Like a blind since birth who cannot tell what colors of the sky are. But God has created us in His divine Mastery to share the heavenly joys of which he calls " the Kingdom of God".
The merchant in the parable is me. And the pearl I have found are the real glitters of joy, awareness, power, satisfaction, security- all wrapped in what I call "truth". It's a great relief finding that one true pearl, my ever precious gift! Anything less would have left me stumbling, thirsty to the touch of love and blindly grasping for more!

0 Grateful Heart's Words: